Doctors can fix a damaged heart.
But a broken spirit?
That requires a different form of help – and if you’re facing depression with no PHYSICAL cause, perhaps it’s time to ask for SPIRITUAL help as new research reveals how your life could be on the line…
According to a study in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, older folks facing depression are:
- 63 percent more likely to battle heart disease; and
- Nearly 30 percent more likely to die!
Now, we know depression is linked to heart disease. Some docs have argued that heart disease is the reason for depression, and that’s certainly true in some cases.
But not every case.
The new study reveals how there’s also something ELSE at work – something far deeper.
See, when they ran the numbers… when they rechecked the data… they found something almost impossible to explain.
Heart disease DIDN’T explain most of those deaths.
In fact, it had only a “moderate” impact on the death risk.
That means there’s something else going on – a cause for depression that most doctors simply don’t understand.
The key to beating the condition – and the risk – is to know the main causes and how to reverse them:
- Nutritional: Depression doesn’t always begin in the brain. It’s often a sign of a problem in the diet – including deficiencies in essential nutrients for the brain like omega-3 fatty acids and B vitamins.
High doses of these nutrients (along with a change in diet) can often make a dramatic difference, easing or even completely reversing depression.
- Hormonal: As we get older, our hormone levels change dramatically… and not just in women after menopause. Guys have lower levels of their “manly” hormones, too.
In men and women alike, these hormonal shifts can lead to mood disorders, memory loss, “brain fog” and more.
Get tested by a skilled holistic medical doctor who can figure out if you’re falling short, then find the best way to “top off your tank”!
- Spiritual: Many cases of depression aren’t nutritional or hormonal problems at all.
They’re a spiritual crisis.
This is where that prayer comes into play – when it’s time to turn to God for help. A simple prayer is often the best way reach out; just realize this isn’t merely a matter of reciting the words.
You need to believe in the One who created you and has the ability to help you.
If you’ve fallen away from God, that may mean a little time to reexamine yourself. Prayer and time with the Bible can help bring you back in the fold.